Optimize Consulting, Inc. is an attractive teaming partner to land federal contract opportunities whether as a prime or subcontractor. Optimize Consulting has established itself as a value-added teaming partner with a great reputation for success. We are a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business with the Department of Veterans Affairs, an 8(a) certified firm with the Small Business Administration and a GSA MOBIS Contract Holder.
SBA 8(A) Program
Optimize Consulting, Inc. is a certified SBA 8(a) program participant through 2023. As authorized by FAR 19.8, Federal agencies may issue sole source contracts to 8(a) firms up to $4 million for services and $6.5 million for products and services.
Available to: All Federal Agencies
Period of Performance: September 8, 2014 – September 7, 2023
Scope of Work: We are eligible for any scope of work under the 8(a) program.
How can Optimize help federal buyers with our 8(a) contract vehicle?
- Contracts can be sole sourced, no competition required up to $4M.
- Administrative time is reduced (faster awards). Contracts can be awarded in days or weeks.
- Reduces contract protests.
- No competition reduces the paperwork required from technical POC’s prior to and after the award.
- Optimize and Government customer can discuss technical and personnel requirements before and during contract preparation.
- Optimize is required to perform 51% of the contract. This allows Optimize to add other companies if additional capabilities are required under a contract.
Why does a contracting officer want 8(a) contractors?
- No competition reduces the paperwork required from the contracting office.
- Federal contracting officers have 8(a) contract requirements.
- Contract protests less than under 8(a) contracts than most other contract vehicles.
SDVOSB (Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
Optimize Consulting, Inc. is a CVE Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). CVE Period of Certification: March 2014 – April 2018
Public Law 106-50 established a contracting goal for Federal agencies to award 3% of prime contracts to service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses (SDVOSBs). In addition, large Prime Contractors have SDVOSB subcontracting goals.
The Veterans Benefit Act of 2003 and FAR Subpart 19.14 established the Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Procurement Program. Contracting Officers can set aside procurements for Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses and under certain conditions can award sole source contracts up to $3 million.
Set Asides and Sole Source Awards
A solicitation can be set aside for SDVOSBs if the Contracting Officer has a reasonable expectation that at least two qualified SDVOSBs will submit offers, and that the contract will be awarded at a fair market price. There is no dollar limit on an SDVOSB set aside. If only one offer is received, the Contracting Officer may make an award, if the award can be made at a fair market price. If the Contracting Officer receives no acceptable offers from service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns, the service-disabled veteran-owned set-aside shall be withdrawn and the requirement, if still valid, set aside for small business concerns.
Sole-source SDVOSB contracts can be awarded if the Contracting Officer determines that only one qualified SDVOSB is available to perform the contract, and the anticipated award price of the proposed contract, including options, will not exceed:$5,500,000 for a requirement within the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for manufacturing; or $3,000,000 for a requirement within all other NAICS codes.
Who is Eligible: All Federal Agencies that are required to comply with Executive Order 13360, in which they must direct at least 3 percent of all contracting dollars to small businesses owned by service-disabled veterans.
GSA Mobis Schedule – PSS (Professional Support Services)
GSA Mission Oriented Business Integrated Services (MOBIS)
– Schedule 874 Contract Number: #GS10F006CA
The General Services Administration (GSA) MOBIS schedule is an Indefinite-Delivery/Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ), multiple award schedule (MAS) contract that provides agencies with access to the full range of management and consulting services to help federal agencies improve performance and achieve mission goals.
Optimize Consulting’s GSA MOBIS Special Item Numbers (SINs) include:
SIN 874-1: Integrated Consulting Services – Provide expert advice and assistance in support of an agency’s mission-oriented business functions. Services covered include: Management or strategy consulting, including research, evaluations, studies, analyses, scenarios/simulations, reports, business policy and regulation development assistance, strategy formulation, and expert witness services; Facilitation and related decision support services; Survey services, using a variety of methodologies, including survey planning, design, and development; survey administration; data validation and analysis; reporting, and stakeholder briefings; Advisory and assistance services in accordance with FAR 37.203
VA Advisor IDIQ
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Agile Delivery of VA Imminent Strategic and Operational Requirements (ADVISOR).
Contract Number: VA119A-15-D-0008
Contract Period: November 20, 2014 – November 29, 2019
Contract Description: Optimize Consulting, Inc. is a teaming partner of one of the prime contractors on VA’s awarded ADVISOR contract. ADVISOR provides a department-wide vehicle for a broad range of general management and business support services and solutions. ADVISOR is a 5-year/$550M Veteran-Owned Small Business contract. Awarded in the following two service groups: (2) Improvement (Business Process Reengineering, Improvement, and Management; Change Management and Transition; Quality Management) and (4) Training (Design, Execution, Evaluation)
Benefits Of Advisor To VA Programs:
- Long-Term Availability: (November 2014 – November 2019)
- More Efficient Acquisition: Reduces procurement planning and contract award lead times
- VA-Wide Scope: Sponsored by Office of Planning and Policy and available for all VA programs
- 100% VOSB and SDVOSB Prime Contractors: 12 pre-qualified companies
- Large Vendor Base: Dozens of large and small business subcontractors
- Acquisition Flexibility: Firm-Fixed Price or Labor Hour task orders
Performance Management/Continuous Process Improvement (PM/CPI) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA)
To best ensure our customers have access to a pool of well qualified Performance Management/Continuous Process Improvement (PM/CPI) contractors capable of providing market-leading services, GSA now offers government-wide Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) to provide PM/CPI services. These services include:
- Strategic Planning and Performance Management;
- Strategic Business Analysis;
- Process and Performance Improvement;
- Communications and Change Management; and
- Training, Certification and Recognition